Our Environmental Commitments
Achieve net zero operational emissions (scopes 1 and 2) by 2035.
Transform into a net zero business (scopes 1 , 2 & 3) by 2050.
Improve % recycled materials in build year on year.
All waste diverted from landfill by 2030.
Deliver project savings on water consumption (direct and embodied).
Take action to protect water resources.
Target biodiversity projects and volunteer initiatives.
Support clients to integrate solutions for nature into design.
Source materials aligned with our sustainable procurement policy.
Focus on material use and types to enable low / no emission building solutions.
Deliver the TSL climate adaptation plan preparing the business for the future.
Support clients to design “climate ready” infrastructure.
TSL Ltd will:
- Always ensure the resources are available to safeguard the environment in which we operate
- Operate to avoid, minimise, and contain the environmental impacts of our work including the elimination of pollution incidents
- Minimise waste by considering prevention, preparation for re-use, recycling, and recovery
- Reduce harmful and greenhouse gas emissions to air from vehicles, equipment, and processes
- Protect the environment by promoting sustainable and efficient use of water, energy, and natural resources
- Maintain environmental performance by protecting biodiversity and ecosystems, the natural environment and both heritage and archaeological features during the delivery of our activities
- Provide information, instruction, training, and supervision to all our employees to ensure they discharge their environmental responsibilities and duties
- Integrate sustainability principles and practices into all business decisions
- Fully engage with our supply chain to improve overall environmental performance across the lifecycle associated with our activities
- Responsibly source materials and products to minimise environmental impact
- Establish smart objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Work with suppliers and contractors who share our commitment to managing their impact on the environment
- Ensure every decision will result in making life better for all our families, communities, and the environment
- All TSL Ltd employees and contractors have a legal and moral duty to take reasonable care of the environment and stakeholders affected by their work. All persons shall be expected to implement this policy in their respective area of responsibility and influence.
When communicating our environmental policy to our construction supply chain we provide practical advice and direction using our “Construction Environmental Minimum Requirements” standard.
Emissions Reduction Plan
Commitment: TSL to become a net-zero organisation (scopes 1,2 &3) by 2050.
- To establish a baseline year with accurate data.
- To utilise a known data / reporting framework for emission reporting.
- To review requirements for joining science-based targets initiative (SBTi).
- To create informed Year on Year reduction targets for monitoring.
- To integrate data reporting portal / information technology into the business.
- To confirm whether the net zero target date can be brought forward.